Message in a Bottle
Message in a Bottle is a service to provide citizens with a simple means to store their medical information in an easily identifiable location in their homes. In the event of a medical incident requiring the attendance of emergency services, all relevant medical and other details are immediately available.
Dun Laoghaire Lions Club brought Message in a Bottle to Ireland in 2009. Subsequently, the service became available from Lions Clubs throughout Ireland.
In the Dun Laoghaire area, Message in a Bottle packs are available from the Lions Club and Community Gardai based in local Garda stations.
How does the scheme work?
The pack consists of a highly identifiable plastic container, a personal information form and three self adhesive green crosses.
• Complete the form and place it in the container
• Place the container on the shelf inside the fridge
• Apply one green cross onto the inside of the front door, and easily visable
• Apply one green cross onto the inside of your back door, and easily visable
• Apply the third green cross onto the outside of the fridge door.